Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dear Santa . . .

When I clean up around the house I'm always finding pictures, drawn mainly by Jordan, and little stories, written mainly by Julia. The girls always have paper, markers, crayons and spiral notebooks full of their creativity and I really enjoy finding them. The other day I found a rolled up piece of paper sitting on the mantle. It was a Santa letter written by Julia and I had to share it because I thought it was so cute. I wish I had a scanner so you could see all the little pictures she drew in the margins.

Dear Santa,

I'm sorry we have to do Christmas earaly, but I'm still trieing to get used to it myself. I don't think I realy need any thing this year because I all ready have a mom and Dad, two brothers, a sister two dogs and a cat. So I think thats alot! I am very forgenet for that some kids don't have any parents or brothers or sister, so Santa will you give them presents too! thank you! love, Julia

(The spelling is hers.) At least we are doing something right with one of our kids. It's good to know that she understands the importance of family, being thankful for what you have and compassion for others. Knowing that is a great Christmas present for me! Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Ladybugs' Mom said...

Aw! So sweet!